Guy Morizet (1908-1993)
Guy Morizet's Indian ink drawing shows us the house before its restoration, when the gradual disappearance of the plaster revealed the half-timbering and bricks. The shadows cast and the shutters drawn reveal that it was done in the late afternoon, on a day of great sunshine.
On the postcard published by the widow Louis Clouzié, one can see a fountain as it existed on most of the squares of Clairac ; it disappeared in the XXth century, to facilitate car traffic; at the end of the century, a well was installed a few meters away, to evoke this ancient presence of water.
It was through his wife that the Parisian Guy Morizet (1908-1993) became Clairacais, marrying in the church of St-Pierre-ès-Liens in August 1939. The architect that he was settled there when he retired in 1977 and indulged in one of his passions: the study of pigeon lofts. He used his talent as a draughtsman (he had won several drawing competitions during his studies at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris) to make surveys combining the rigour of the architect with the sensitivity of the artist.